Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Prayers please

At first I was a little hesitant to post this blog because of the random connections I have to the people involved, but then I thought they could use all the prayers they can get, so here you go ...

A couple of weeks ago, my cousin Jennifer's brother-in-law Daniel (husband of her step-sister Cathy) suffered from a ruptured brain aneurysm. He has had surgery and remains in the hospital in critical condition. I have met Daniel and Cathy on more than one occasion. They have been together since they were teenagers and have three beautiful children. They are wonderful parents, and just last month when I was in L.A. Jennifer was telling me she hopes to emulate them as a parent herself. His family has created a blog, which you can see here.

As fate would have it, my older sister Janeen's long-term boyfriend Mauro suffered something very similar last week. He collapsed Tuesday night because of a brain aneurysm, has also had surgery and remains in the hospital in critical condition. In the limited time I have spent with Mauro I have known him to be very kind and generous.

Janeen, Mauro, and our cousin Sara


I ask you please to keep them both in your prayers, as well as their loved ones. I can't imagine what it must be like for Cathy and Janeen to be going through this. And I think this serves as a reminder to cherish each and every day you have with those you love.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

It broke my heart when Mena told me about this. All my best wishes and prayer are on the way.