Thursday, May 28, 2009

Discoveries

HookyLoo
Yesterday while Kelli and I were lunching, I looked over and noticed a woman at the table next to us had hung her purse from the table using a really pretty silver hook with a pink stone. Kelli asked her where she got it, and apparently her dining companion had bought some at a Web site called HookyLoos. She herself had a blue one, which she pulled out of her purse to show us. I can't tell you how many times I've been out and chairs have had round backs or no backs and I've been afraid to put my purse on the ground. Sometimes, if we're at a bar, I will pull over an extra stool so I can sit my purse next to me. So I thought this was a pretty great little gadget. It looks like the HookyLoos run about $20, and you can Google "purse hooks" if you want to see what else is out there. Apparently, a lot.

Iced Coffee
I've been drinking a lot of iced coffee lately, with the warm weather and all, so I was pretty entertained when I was on How About Orange the other day and there was a link to this Web site that tells you whether it's an iced coffee day or not. You can punch in your zip code and it will tell you YES or NO, try it hot. It told me YES, thank goodness because I'm having some right now! (Want to know my secret for delicious iced coffee? So easy it's not really a secret, but I brew a pot of coffee, add sugar to taste while hot - so it dissolves properly - then I put it in a jar and refrigerate until I'm ready to drink it, at which point I pour it over ice and add a little soy milk to taste. Also, it's more fun if you drink it through a straw.)

4 comments:

Sarah Boggan said...

Love the iced stuff - I think in AZ it would be permittable to drink it all year long.

Tom and I have been making Iced Toddy instead of iced coffee - I really recommend it and it's an old recipe I learned when I was working as a barrista.

You grind coffee beans and for every three cups of water you use one cup of ground coffee beans. Fill a pitcher, let it sit in the fridge over night and then filter. It's great over ice with flavored coffeemate or it's REALLY good with milk and chocolate syrup to make an iced mocha. YUM!

Tammy said...

I'm a little disappointed. When I saw "toddy" I thought for sure there was going to be alcohol in it.

The Poty's said...

I have one of those purse things and I think my Mom got it at Hallmark for less than $20. Mine came with a cute story about how it's bad luck to put your purse on the ground (it was better than my discription).

Tammy said...

Yeah, when Andrea moved to Yuma somebody told her that, too. Something to do with money, I think? Maybe she will remember and let us all know????