Monday, February 9, 2009

Say Cheese

Since Chris' parents are headed up this weekend for a visit, we decided we'd exchange our Valentine's gifts early, and maybe we'd have a nice dinner for the occassion. We were thinking Monday or Wednesday, since Chris plays basketball Sunday and Tuesday evenings and the Gabels are arriving Thursday. But sometime Sunday afternoon, we both grew impatient. "I want to give you your present now," Chris said. "Me, too," I said. We hastily wrapped gifts and presented them about 60 seconds later. For Chris, tickets to see the Suns at the Warriors next month. For me, a shiny new camera.

Chris had asked me whether he should go romantic (this being our first V-day as a married couple and all) or practical. I had no idea what this potential practical gift was (air filter? shampoo?), but given the hit we've taken with the wedding, HoneyBun's repairs and, now, furloughs, I thought practical would be just fine. Even though my old camera went on a suicide mission in D.C., I still was clueless as to what Chris was getting me, but I love taking pictures so much it might as well have been the romantic gift. (My work-issued point and shoot has gotten me through the last couple weeks.)I've already figured out that I can crop and resize pictures right on the camera - I can't wait to see what else it can do!

2 comments:

Marina said...

Phew! I'm so happy Chris got you this new camera, you needed one even before I participated in the destruction of your old one! Have fun at the game, Miguel and I are very jealous.
xoxo

Nanette said...

I think a camera is very romantic. What a sweet post! Thank you for sharing this. Happy Valentine's Day!