Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Vacation, Part 3: Hollywood!

For my Christmas present, my wonderful husband bought tickets for Wicked on Saturday night. The show was at the Pantages theater on Hollywood Boulevard, so Dad and Debbie treated us to a room at the historic Roosevelt hotel down the street.
Chris and I checked in Saturday afternoon and played tourists for a little while before getting ready for our night out. I hadn't been to the Walk of Fame in more than 10 years and Chris had never been there. We walked over to Grauman's Chinese Theatre and checked out some of the handprints and footprints. I wasn't expecting so many tourists on Christmas weekend but the place was packed.


Later, we had a nice dinner before catching the shuttle to the Pantages. Wicked was incredible, and the old, restored theater was beautiful. After the show, we went to the burger and wine bar in our hotel for milkshakes.

Sunday morning, we met up with Lindsey for breakfast before heading back to Dad and Deb's. Our whole time in Hollywood, we didn't see any celebrities - but we did see John Stamos in the airport bar Sunday afternoon. Chris didn't want me to take a picture, though. Boo.

2 comments:

volksbloggin said...

I've heard that John Stamos is hotter in person than on television, would you agree with this statement, Tammy?

Laura said...

Leia and I went and saw Wicked at the Pantageous Theater too!!! Wasn't it fantastic. I think they said a lot of those cast members are the ones from New York. Looking at your pics made me miss the west coast