Monday, May 17, 2010

School's out for summer

My last day of school for the semester was on Wednesday, and it's been pretty busy around here since then. After Chris took me out for a celebratory meal Wednesday night, I went with him to watch his basketball game for the first time in forever. He was teasing me for playing with my phone during the game, but he doesn't know I was taking his picture - he made this three-point shot, and his team won.
Friday I made a stop at a party for my school boss, who earned her Ph.D. this semester (Congrats Dr. D!) and then continued to a party for a co-worker who is moving to Las Vegas for school. On Saturday, while Chris was at work, I met his cousin Brad and girlfriend Linda who just moved to downtown Reno and the three of us went on the Wine Walk, where we were joined by some of their friends.
After the walk, we went back to their apartment, where Chris joined us after he finished working, and then we walked down to the Aces game for a while. We haven't had much time to hang out with Brad and Linda since they moved to Reno, and we had a great time with them on Saturday.
On Sunday, when Chris went to work, Scoop and I went for a little hike. She has lots of fun being off the leash, and we saw a quail, a lizard and lots of pretty flowers while we were out.
Later, we went to a barbecue at our friend Chris' house, and Chris joined us when he got off work.
It was nice to have an eventful weekend that I didn't have to feel guilty about because I wasn't doing homework! Now that school is out I'll be spending more time on my internship (about three days a week), continue working my 12 hours a week at the paper, and preparing for a busy summer (showers, weddings, visitors) and training for climbing Mt. Fuji with Michelle and Andrea in July (more on that later). I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: