Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday

Yesterday I had the day off and while I was sitting home wondering where Scoop and I should go for our walk, Chris called and asked me to bring him something to the softball field at UNR. So, Scoop and I headed into town and as I was trying to decide to take her downtown to the river or on trails behind Patagonia where we'd been before, I looked up and saw the "N," where I've never hiked before and decided that was the place.
It's a pretty nice walk until you get close to the end and then it's pretty steep. There was a gaggle of high school students on the trail and one girl told me as we passed her that it was too steep and she only made it halfway and then turned around. I'm not gonna lie, as out of shape as I am, it felt good to know I fared better than a 16-year-old.

It was pretty cool to look down over Reno once we reached the N.
Later in the afternoon, I met Na downtown. It was her birthday, so before we met everyone for dinner we decided to check out an art installation called Duel Nature. It was pretty cool, and one of my co-workers even convinced us to hoop while we were there.
Finally, we met up at Ichiban's for Na's birthday dinner with Erin, Julie, Ray and Chun.
It was a pretty enjoyable Friday, and I will be making up for it by working tonight. Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Drea said...

Ah, you hiked the N! My favorite UNR activity. (Well, one of them...haha). Congrats! Next time, I hope to join you :)

Tammy said...

Yes, I thought of you when we were headed up there! Scoop said she can't wait to go back with Auntie Drea next month!

volksbloggin said...

hoop?