Monday, February 28, 2011

I'd like to thank the Academy ...

Welcome to our Oscar Party! I've been wanting to have one for several years, but for various reasons this was the first time we were able to do it.

We rolled out the red carpet ...
Prepared prizes for Oscar Ballots and Oscar Bingo, popped some popcorn ...

And hung posters of some Best Picture nominees.

Of course all the A-list celebrities turned out, but apparently the stylists weren't communicating very well because all the ladies wore the same dress.
(Clockwise from top left, Tammy and Chris, John and Julie, Erin and Sandor, Erin and Na, Scoop and Amara)

The games definitely made watching the Oscars more fun, and John ended up winning Oscar Bingo and picking the the most winners (15!), but he was kind enough to let the second-place Bingo winner Chris share in the winnings.

Did you watch the Oscars? What did you think?

4 comments:

Melynda Hache' said...

How fun! I wish we could have been there. I'm looking forward to a baby update this week. ;)

volksbloggin said...

Tammy, for the first time since watching the Oscars with you in Reno three years ago, I watched it uninterrupted. It was more boring than I remembered and I didn't understand any of the jokes since I've been out of the loop and out of the country. Maybe Oscar bingo would have helped make it more interesting.

Tammy said...

Michelle, the show was kind of blah this year. But games make everything more fun. Games are the reason I am able to watch the Superbowl. Well, games and commercials ;-)

Leia said...

What fun! Hope I get to attend an Oscar party one year with you!