- A couple of ancient Chinese gender calculators both predicted a girl.
- One theory says that craving sweets indicate a girl while salty or sour cravings indicate a boy. I mostly have been wanting plain things, like bread and pasta and cheese. So we'll call this one a wash.
- Another one said ancient Mayans believed if the mother's age at conception and year of conception were both odd or both even years, it's a girl, and if one was even and one odd it's a boy. In this case, we would be having a boy.
- Girls supposedly steal their mother's beauty, so if you're breaking out (yep!), it's a girl.
- Tie a ring to a string and hang it over your belly. If it goes back and forth it's a boy, if it goes in a circle it's a girl. The first two attempts the ring didn't move. The second two times it seemed like maybe it was going in a circle. Girl.
- If you're sick during the first trimester (yep!) this is also supposed to indicate a girl.
Chris from the beginning thought we were having a girl. I thought girl at first, then boy for a while, then back to girl. I had dreams about a boy and a girl, Chris had a dream about a boy. Either way, of course, we would be thrilled. Most important is having a healthy baby, and everything looked good on the ultrasound so we are very thankful.
And it appears most of these theories were right, for us anyway.
We're having a Girl!