Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fun in the Snow

We've had a lot of snow here this week. Not as much as in Tahoe or Quincy, but a lot for Reno. On Friday morning, the schools had a snow day and the district held a snowman contest on Facebook, so I made a snowman at work to enter the contest for a client, with some help from a co-worker's son who was spending his snow day at the office.

I realized it had probably been 15 years at least since I'd made a snowman. And Friday night we had more snow, so I thought I should spend Saturday morning playing outside with Scoop and making our own snowman.

This is the yard undisturbed before Scoop and I got to it.

Scoop loves the snow. She ran all around in it, and we would throw her snowballs and she'd dig all through the snow looking for them. It was pretty funny.

Here is our creation (click on the picture if you want to see it bigger). She tried to knock it over a few times, and then mostly left it alone. Luckily the sun came out for most of the day yesterday, so it was felt warm while we were outside and the roads were pretty clear by the time we had to go anywhere. Even though we had fun, I am definitely ready for spring.

No comments: