Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vacation Elevated

Back in the fall, I thought it would be fun to surprise Chris for Christmas with a trip somewhere just the two of us, since we haven't taken a trip together that didn't involve visiting someone since our first anniversary. The combination of $30 plane tickets, skiing (for Chris) and the Suns being in town led me to booking a few days in Salt Lake this week. Then we found out we're having a baby, and it may be a while since the two of us get away alone together, so I decided to call it our "Babymoon" (although Chris was on furlough last week, so you could also call it a "furcation" if you like!)

We arrived on Wednesday and spent some time walking around, having lunch at Old Spaghetti Factory (I worked at one in San Jose and was having a craving) and dinner at a local brewpub. The following day, we rented a car and went to Park City, where Chris went skiing and I enjoyed a massage. Later, we saw a movie and had dinner in the adorable downtown.

Park City was cold!

The next day, back in Salt Lake, we walked around Temple Square seeing historic sights, and checking out downtown. We had lunch in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, which had a view of the Temple.
Later that night, we went to the Suns vs. Jazz game. The first half was rough and didn't look good for the Suns, but they came back in the second half for the win!


In front of Energy Solutions Arena

It was a really fun trip and nice to get away for a few days and have some time alone, although we did miss our little Scoopers while we were gone. Oh, and I still had my camera from school for one last weekend so we made this little video so I could play with the imovie on my new laptop. Can you spot the special effects? I've never been able to use them for journalism videos so it's kind of exciting ;-)

3 comments:

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

That looks like fun!!!

I love your video!! You did it on a Mac??

Tammy said...

Thanks Kyria! Yes, I got a macbook for graduation and I LOVE it!

volksbloggin said...

You look cold, but happy. What a great idea to go to Salt Lake City.