Sunday, July 4, 2010

This is your life

On Friday, Chris, Scoop and I headed to Quincy for the High Sierra Music Festival. Although the festival is in its 20th year, it hasn't always been in Quincy, so I have never been. Since some friends from high school were going, and because I wanted to see The Avett Brothers, we decided to get one-day tickets for Friday. I expected to see people that I knew, but the weekend turned out to be something of an episode of "This is Your Life." I got into town earlier in the day while Chris was still working. Walking around the festival in the afternoon, I ran into an old friend from Monterey who I adored, but fell out of contact with when I moved to San Jose. It was so great to see her and I hope we remain in touch this time. When Chris got there, we met up with my friend Whitney, who is in my grad school program, and her boyfriend Dave for The Avett Brothers performance. While we were there, I saw a lot of people I grew up with, and we also saw one of our editors from the paper. Considering that the stage was in the very same place where our high school football games were held, and where I graduated from high school, you can imagine how surreal the whole experience was!

The Avett Brothers

Me and Whitney

On Saturday, we met up with Whitney and Dave for breakfast, took Scoop to the river in the afternoon, met up with my high school friend Ashlie at the Polka Dot, and then went to a barbecue hosted by my friend Hannah from high school. I haven't seen Hannah in more than 10 years, and it was so great to see her and other old friends even though it was for just a short time.

Hannah and Me

Since Chris and I are both working today, we had to get back to Reno Saturday night. It was great to spend time with Mom and John and see some friends. Quincy is so great - especially in the summer, I wish we could have stayed longer!

No comments: