Monday, November 30, 2009

Hey Reno, mark your calendars ...

On Saturday, Dec. 12, I will be presenting a green giftwrapping class at EcoReno. We will be talking about how to upcycle materials you already have at home to make giftwrap, and everyone will make a bow out of a magazine page (as seen on How About Orange) ...

(Perhaps I shouldn't have posted the link ... now you know how to do it. But - I've already done half the work for you - and isn't it more fun to do together?)
We'll also turn a cereal box (or Kleenex box, or cracker box, or ....) into a giftwrap embellishment. You could also use it as an ornament!


Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

Olde Baggs n Stuft Shirts by LindaOma said...

Tammy, you are a goddess. I have been looking for instructions to make bows out of mag pages and could not locate them. My 9 year old g daughter is a green nut, I love it, and will be over the moon about this project. thanks. Linda in New Mexico

Olde Baggs n Stuft Shirts by LindaOma said...

Yeah, I'm glad you got the ornaments and you didn't run into the night screaming. LOL. Thanks, Linda

volksbloggin said...

Wish I lived in Reno so I could attend your class. Benny noticed on the wrapping for my birthday present that the newspaper was the Yuma Sun ... from 2006. Good as new.

Tammy said...

Yes, I saved a bag of old newspapers when I went through all my clips this summer to use for crafting purposes. I wish you could come, too!