Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloweekend

We had a nice Halloween Weekend, which put me a little behind on homework, so I will keep this brief. Friday was a holiday (Nevada Day) so I didn't have class and enjoyed a nice afternoon with Erin and Na - we worked on our costumes* a little and had a nice lunch at a new (to us) place called Rubicon Deli. Then I came home and got ready for Fantasies in Chocolate, an annual fundraiser for the RGJ foundation that I've never been to so decided to volunteer for so I could check it out. Being the night before Halloween, they had a theme of Vampires Ball, so some people dressed formal and others dressed in costume. There was lots of wine and chocolate, and even some savory food. It was pretty fun event.

Fantasies in Chocolate with co-workers Laura and Pam


On Halloween night, we went out for a few hours with some friends. Na, Erin and I were flapper girls. *Our costumes are handmade by Na, Erin and Erin's mom, and they came out great. I can say I probably did maybe 2 percent of my dress. Thanks so much girls!
Chris went as Sandor. (Click here for reference).
Sandor went as a marathon runner.
Tyler as Nevada football coach Chris Ault.

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloweekend! See more of our pictures here.

No comments: