Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our first Thanksgiving dinner

Okay, this wasn't our first Thanksgiving together, but it was the first time we made our own Thanksgiving dinner. And when I say "we" of course, I made the dinner. But Chris helped with carving the turkey, cleaning up before and after and, when I sent him to the store this morning, he returned with the requested items, plus these:

And that's one of the reasons he's the best.
I haven't made a turkey in about 10 years, and that time it was under my Mom's supervision. I think it turned out pretty well, and I can't believe I forgot to take a picture before we cut into it.
Our coworkers John and Julie came over, and brought some yummy veggies and delicious apple dumplings. I also made my first pumpkin pie and my grandma's cranberry bread, which has almond extract (my favorite of all the extracts) both in the batter and icing and pretty much kicks ass.
I decided a festive beverage was in order, and since my mom had brought over some cloves and cinnamon sticks recently, I figured mulled wine was the way to go. Yum.


The whole day went off with a hitch. Well, except when I caught my oven mitt on fire.

Now Chris is at work and I'll be going to sleep soon, so I can be up with the doorbusters in the morning for the requisite Black Friday story.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

dadanddeb said...

Tam:

No we're more sorry than ever that we weren't able to snag those last-minute airline tickets. Great job, Tam. Nice touch, Chris. :

Love,
Dad & Deb

dadanddeb said...

Tam:

Oops..."no"/"now"...you know what I meant! ha I need another cup of coffee.

Deb

Drea said...

Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. We are thankful to have you two as friends. Miss you.

volksbloggin said...

Gobble, gobble. Happy Thanksgiving from Benny and I.

Marina said...

I forgot about the cranberry bread - YUM!

Laura said...

MMMMM looked good Tammy!!!!Ernesto and I should have gone there for T- Give day, you will see what our dinner looked like (once he decideds to update his blog)