Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

I'm sure it comes as a surprise to no-one that I love celebrations and holidays of all kinds. St. Patrick's Day was always a fun day for us growing up, wearing green, my mom always made corned beef and cabbage for dinner, we'd watch Darby O'Gill and the Little People, and we would get treats (cards, stickers, See's Irish Potatoes) in the mail from my dad. I celebrate St. Patrick's Day in one way or another every year, and just because I couldn't have green beer this year, I wasn't going to let that stop me.
First, Chris, Na and I met at Coney Island for lunch because everyone said they had the best corned beef and cabbage. It was yummy.

Then after work we met up with a bunch of friends at a bar/restaurant that was having a St. Paddy's Day celebration. G drinks were consumed - green beer, Guiness, and ginger ale (the last one for the pregnant lady) - and I enjoyed the company and a Guiness beef stew for dinner.

John & Julie
Me & Julie
Erin, Zmoe and TJ

When I checked the mail on Friday, I was surprised with an Irish Potato from my Dad - what a treat!

Did you celebrate on Thursday?

No comments: