Thursday, July 9, 2009

A little pick-me-up

Ever since I got laid off, we have been a lot more careful about how we're spending our money. Other than a mini shopping spree I went on at Target last week, I have been pretty good. Since I'm not going to Starbucks or springing for pedicures, I've been splurging every couple of weeks on a new nail polish for my toes.

This was not planned. Up until a couple months ago, I'd only bought one new nail polish in more than two years. Then I decided one day I wanted to try some orange, so I picked some out and really liked it. Then I thought I could use something darker to compliment my dress when we went to a wedding last month. Yesterday, I went to Walgreens to pick something up and thought maybe I should get a new color for our trip, but they were buy one get-one-half-off, so I got two. At less than $4 a bottle, it's a cheap little pick-me-up when I want to try something new without running out and buying a new outfit.

I decided to go with this brand for no reason other than it boasted a fast dry time, but I liked it so stuck with it. It does seem to dry fast - I painted my toes not too long ago and just kicked the chair on accident and nothing happened. (In case you're wondering, the pictured colors above are Sunset Prisms, Pink Shock, Racy Red and Plum Intense. Today, I'm wearing Racy Red, because Chris chose that over the pink.)
What do you do for yourself when you feel like you're stuck in a rut or need a little pick-me-up?

1 comment:

villette1 said...

When I need some "wifey" time, I grab my journal and go to Barnes & Noble. We have a membership card, and I get a small hot chocolate and write until it's gone (and no, I don't browse the magazines for free, though I have been tempted).