Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Cheese to my Macaroni

Some of you readers might not think "romance" when you think of Chris. But, of course, you're not married to him.

When we were planning our wedding, we had a little web site and every time you went to it, it said how many days were left until the big day. So, whenever I'd go there I'd say "172 days!" or "146!" and Chris would tell me that there was no counting down until we reached 100 days.

Meanwhile, in early April, I attended the Elko wedding shower of our friend Andrea, who was getting married two weeks before us. Andrea's bridesmaids had a few games planned for the shower, and one of them was that they'd asked Jeremy all these questions about Andrea and then at the shower asked Andrea to answer them as well, to see if the answers matched up. One of the questions was "What do you love most about Andrea?" So I, of course, came home and, being the pest that I am, started asking Chris what he loved the most about me. He wouldn't answer, and I'd say "How do you know you want to marry me if you don't even know why you love me?" But he had this plan, you see, and I was ruining it with my silly questions.

A hundred days before our wedding, Chris left me a post-it note that said "#100 - I love that you count the days." For every day, for the next 100 days, there was another note with another thing that he loved. At one point, he got a little behind. This coincided with my trip to L.A. for my shower, and I returned to find post it notes all over the mirror in our room. I was overwhelmed. I saved each and every one of those notes and put them in a book to treasure forever.

I am so lucky to have found someone who loves me so much, who I love so much, who is my best friend and so much more. And today, one year after we said our vows, I love him even more.


Chris, you are the best husband a girl could ask for.
Happy Anniversary!

3 comments:

Melynda Hache' said...

Chris is one of the best guys I know. It doesn't surprise me one bit that Chris would make sure you know how much he loves you! Happy 1st Anniversary to you both!!!

Drea said...

Happy Anniversary!!

The Poty's said...

I think if you looked at most of our guy friends you wouldn't think they were romantic unless you were married to them. Happy one year anniversary!