Friday, January 11, 2013

Big Girl


I'm not sure when it happened, but my baby is all of a sudden quite grown up. For being not-quite 18 months, she is becoming very independent and she is just so smart. She has her own opinions of what she wants to eat and when, what toys she wants to play with. This morning we gave her cereal, but halfway through she decided she wanted a muffin. I didn't even know she knew the word muffin. At the same time, she is mimicking us so much ... we really have to watch we say and do now. If I blow my nose, she wants to blow her nose. If I brush my teeth, she wants to brush her teeth. If I'm cooking dinner, she wants me to pick her up so she can see what I'm doing.

Lately, when we go to school, I ask her to remove her hat and gloves when we get to her classroom. Generally, she takes them off and hands them to me, and I put them in her cubby. This morning, she walked to her cubby, and placed the items in the bin, one at a time, without being asked.

I know these are things that all kids learn and do, but I am one proud mama.

No comments: