Friday, April 6, 2012

Out

I've been out exactly four evenings since Pumpkin was born. Chris and I went to my office Christmas party, we went to an industry award party (Mad Men theme, which explains the candy cigarettes above) with my colleagues, I attended a magazine launch party and a journalism school event. I don't feel like I'm missing out. I spend enough time away from Pumpkin while I'm at work so I prefer to spend my evenings and weekends with her. So would you believe it, after weeks and weeks of her trying to crawl, and getting up on all fours, and then falling back on her tummy and doing the army crawl or the inchworm, the night before she turned eight months she finally figured it out. Up on all fours, knee forward, hand forward, knee forward, hand forward. She took a few "steps," fell down, did it again. And I saw it all ... on a video on Chris's phone when I returned home from a night out. Sigh.

No comments: