Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time

Once upon a time, my cousin Lindy and Scott were married, and Mena and I were lucky to be there as a part of their day (and, of course, Niana, Lindy's twin sister).


As it happened, Chris and I were married one week after Lindy and Scott celebrated their 10-year wedding anniversary. Their son David, then 7, was our ring bearer.

And now, Chris and I are expecting a baby of our own and, wouldn't you know it? David's 10th birthday fell on the day of our shower! Can you believe the timing? (Also, I can't believe he's 10 already!)

He celebrated the weekend before at home, but we wanted to make sure his birthday wasn't forgotten in the chaos of the shower, so we got him an Xbox 360 cake, which was a hit! David's a great kid and it was really nice to have him stay with us for a couple days.

No comments: